Back in the saddle again...

Well, Youngest Son insisted he was not sick, but he was. He was better by morning (see, no germ wants to live in him!) and went back to preschool today as the others were already sick, so they already have it. Oldest Son stayed home to rest, but is ready to go back tomorrow. Of course the Oldest Daughter is ok and the baby is seeming ok so far. Let the germ move on...

On the sewing front, I assembled a knit shirt for the oldest daughter from a shirt I hated. It is together and I am basting the binding on the collar, using a tutorial mentioned by Christina of Assorted Notions, a twisted look. If you are interested, it is in her archives, last May or April, can't remember which. BTW, if you want to recycle a shirt for a daughter, that is usually easy enough with a basic tshirt or empire waisted tshirt, like S4568. I cut off the side seams on my shirt, cut the bodice f/b starting under the neckline, then the lower bodice pieces, preserving the RTW hem. For the short little sleeves, I cut the sleeves off my blouse and made them flat, cut hers again preserving the hem. When joining the sides, match up the hems. The blouse had never been worn, maybe once, and I found it uncomfortable, so I decided to reuse it for her. I also have some pajama pants to finish for her.

I will probably spend more time cleaning these next few days as my in-laws are visiting on Saturday.

Comments

Bek said…
Hope the germs have finished at your place! Sounds like you got some good sewing done. I haven't sewn all week. I think my machine needs a service. That's probably why I am avoiding her!

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns