1/1/11 - A new year, a fresh start

The title of a new quilt I am working on - made from various Moda fabrics, mostly found in the local quilt shop's scrap bin for free, scraps of my own that coordinate and a few fats I bought. I also plan on adding a few blocks that are enhanced by vintage laces from some salvaged doilies given to me by Hayley's godparents. Hence the name, a fresh start, a new lease on life for some vintage pieces almost 100 years old. I am also working on cleaning house bit by bit, so I work for an hour, sew for an hour, approximately. It's a simple design, based on Moda's Bake Shop pattern Wild Rose Postage Stamp Quilt. Most of my jelly roll pieces come from the bin at Seams Like Home here in town, from Blackbird Designs' Harvest Home, some marbley solids, subtle polka dots. I took most of the day yesterday planning the block sets, walking away and standing back. I am seriously considering making quilts for sale, one a month, so if I stick with it, who knows? I had a great time on the craft show circuit last month, so I plan on building that up to participate in more this year, all year.

As far as a sewing recap, don't look for one, I did not do a good job of documentation and I am discarding as much of 2010 as possible as it was a bad year for us financially/business-wise - we had each other to bear it out and worked together, but we both want to move on and work on streamlining ourselves this year, focus on building his business back to what it was in 2007-2008, and focus on the kids. I will still blog alot to stay motivated, maybe this year we will surpass our goals.

So have a happy New Year and enjoy your fresh start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns