About Me

My photo
I am a Homemaker and Freight Broker (with my husband) who has a love of needle crafts, sewing, crochet, cross-stitch. I learned to sew in 2007, really love using vintage patterns (1940's, 50's, 60's) & and seeing how I can modernize them with fabric choices and trims). I need 25 hours in a day to get to everything I want to do!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Progress on my dress for Sunday




Photos of my almost complete Christmas dress from S3237 from 1950, can be seen in the Vintage Pattern wikipedia http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/Simplicity_3237
since my copy's envelope is in awful shape. It's modeled after the blue one, but I chose a drapey woven, bought a few years ago, it may be rayon blend, has slight stretch, with superimposed "flocked" abstract flowers. You can see where I chose to embellish the central bodice with gunmetal shade bugle and seed beads, following the flower lines. I bought a stretch elastic belt in black, the only one I could find, so hopefully it works. I have some high pumps with a mary jane strap, so hopefully it will all work. I lined the bodice with the anti-cling poly stuff from Hancocks, handsewing the two together at the waist seam. I had to take a stab at easing it in at the gathers since I opted not to do running stitches on it, thought it might be too thin to do it. All I lack is the zipper and hem.

1 comment:

KID, MD said...

Lovely! The beaded bodice is a very nice touch.