About Me

My photo
I am a Homemaker and Freight Broker (with my husband) who has a love of needle crafts, sewing, crochet, cross-stitch. I learned to sew in 2007, really love using vintage patterns (1940's, 50's, 60's) & and seeing how I can modernize them with fabric choices and trims). I need 25 hours in a day to get to everything I want to do!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

TNT B3070 brown top


Excuse the mess, but we have a new top from B3070 my TNT modified shirt pattern from the 80's. I used a stashed brown knit crepe from Fabric.com, about 2 yrs old and made the freestyle ruffle from a mesh knit remnant from Hancock's. I made a strip the length of the fabric, pinked and ruffled it and added scattered gold and tan beads for effect. A most comfortable everyday shirt, by the way. I wore it twice this week already - in fact I was wearing it when I took this photo, took it off to put it on the dressform for a photo then put it back on.

4 comments:

KID, MD said...

Very pretty! The ruffle adds a nice effect.

BrusselsSprout_Katharine said...

Fun! Busy mums needs TNTs.

gwensews said...

Loving those ruffles!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

The embellishment is very on trend! (BTW, the photo is teeny tiny and doesn't enlarge when clicked--not sure if blogger is having technical difficulties.)