Summer is almost over, in name only

Previously promised pictures of items made for the littlest one:
Vintage Butterick 3667 from the 60's in the watermelon print
Vintage Butterick 3688 from the 70's in the turquoise dot plisse


With temps around 100 degrees, South Texas will be hot long after school starts on Aug 23. I have sewing to do, but get sidetracked constantly.

I did take the kids to see the snakes at the library today. My handicapped son loved having them to touch. I thought he would be scared. None of them were.

I love reading the blogs, seeing how many of you northerners are preparing for fall. We won't see fall until maybe October, we have some years of Thanksgiving in shorts. Our worst months are January and February for the cold - it's usually wet and chills to the bone.

More later...

Comments

DC Fall varies wildly, but it usually stays warm through mid-October if not the end of October. Gives me a few more months to crank out the thousands of Spring/Summer pieces I still want to sew.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns