Saturday sewing

Worked on the Advance dress' skirt today, played with the pleating in the front and decided on the pattern's way, but instructions were confusing. I have hand-basting on the top to do, before sewing it. The skirt lacks the side seams. I am being careful as I don't have a backup plan, little excess fabric. French seams on the skirt make it more authentic, in my opinion. I have to work on the girls' tomorrow. One bodice is about done for embroidery, another needs to be traced and done, then assembly can begin. I started something new, rather than drifting about the house during the baby's nap, I set the oven timer for one hour. I got the work on the skirt done during that hour, including playing with the pleats. I plan on another timer session after the kids go to bed. I also need to prewash the broadcloth for the girls' linings.

Don't forget the Daylight Savings time change so you are not late for anything tomorrow...

Comments

Barbara said…
Myra, I am a Texas blogger with a list also...please come and visit me, become a follower and enjoy some other Texans.

Barbara

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns