Saturday sewing

Been sewing on S2473, version 2, in Black Sophia Double knit, short sleeves, variations on the faux tie at the midriff, flared skirt made about 2" longer. I am using a floral chiffon overlay in black, blue and tan on the midriff, ties from the chiffon and made longer, and bias bound the neckline in the chiffon backed with fusible knit interfacing in black to make it easier to handle. I am trying to make a LBD that is not so dramatic/dark, more daytime and spring-like. I cut it out a month ago, started sewing yesterday, have the skirt finished, the top together, now am handsewing the binding down on the inside. Still need to do the sleeve hems (in the bias binding?) and finish the midriff/attach the whole thing together. I need a black dress for this week, my aunt passed away Friday, she was 80, my dad's oldest sister. They found her down in the kitchen. Her funeral is Wednesday in Houston. I am hoping to go and need something to wear, but don't want it to be dowdy. I should be able to finish. Also have Easter dresses cut out, and somewhat started. Mine is an Advance from 1945, navy Sophia for the top and a faille-like broadcloth for the skirt, floral with navy background. The girls are also cut out, but I need to find my white broadcloth for the linings. It is here, somewhere...

Comments

I'm sorry about your aunt. I just found you on the Texas bloggers and we have a lot of common interests. I'm going to follow you and look forward to reading more.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns