So much brewing in this head of mine

I have been plotting Easter dresses out, inspired by the bodice on an heirloom dress I saw on The Handmade Dress, but getting the right combination has been hard. That was an infant dress and I have a 2 year old and an 8 year old to work with. I have chosen white pique, a gift from Lory of the Diary of L, for the bodice and green/white eyelet for the skirt, bought from the Fabric and Notions Yahoo Group. I tried a lavender lace tape for the bodice embroidery background, not right, so I found a matching green and white gingham grosgrain today at Walmart, and think it looks better, so I need to remove the lavender. The concept is a lace/ribbon bow tacked down with embroidered flowers/vines entwined. I have about 5 weeks to get this done, we will see. I am starting with the oldest's since the baby always has something in the clothes storage to wear of hand-me-downs that are like new. I even have a brightly colored dress that would work in a pinch to match this green. (I think I still have it!) I am also purging more vintage patterns I will never have time to make, so more will continue to make their way into the etsy shop. Many are larger bust sizes, too. I have some shirt dresses and mod looks.

Have a good weekend.

Comments

KID, MD said…
Sounds lovely. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
julia said…
I, too, can't wait to see this. It sounds great!

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns