I have been curious about...

Quilting bees. I have been checking out some on the internet. The only thing is many of them is that many revolve around the more modern approach of "wonky" blocks, which is fine, but not me. I like traditional, repro feedsack or civil war era fabrics. I like traditional blocks. What I am curious about is how many of you that read my blog are interested in something like that?

A definition of a virtual bee from Oh Fransson blog:

Virtual quilting bees take the collaborative aspect of a traditional quilting bee and put it to work over distance, using the Postal Service and the Internet.

Most virtual quilting bees have 12 members and take place over one calendar year, with each member being responsible for coordinating one month. In advance of the month, the member whose turn it is prepares packages of fabric and instructions to send to each of the other participants. The other participants then create one or more blocks, which are returned to the sender. After receiving all of the blocks, the member whose month it is should have enough blocks for an entire quilt. This is repeated, over a year, until all members have had a turn. There are lots of ways you can vary/personalize the process, but most virtual bees follow this basic structure.

Now she also mentions that postage is a consideration. Being in the US, I would probably want to stick to my country, no offense, but the postage would be outrageous for me. Is this of any interest to any of you? If so, leave me a comment, maybe we could form a small one, maybe 6 members for every other month or 10 for the remaining months of 2010. I think it could be fun, so give it some thought.

I have acquired a huge lot (like 10 boxes) of older patterns, mostly 1980-90, so my etsy shop will be including the best of those. I am looking for designers, classic lines, or things that are hot now. I will not inundate the shop with them, but rather post a few here and there. I will also list a few more vintage 40/50/60 from my stash as I could never sew them all...

Comments

angie.a said…
I might be interested... I'd have to have some planning time. If my "month" was during the summer when I'm off, even better! haha!!

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns