McCalls 2818

Ok, so far so good, the pattern muslin seemed to fit as a straight 18, taking the larger hip sewing line. I did add to the pattern 2" to the overall length so the top will hit lower on the hip. I have the front and back together and sewn at the shoulders, one sleeve put in flat with the million pins method, which works well, by um way. I had one small pucker, which was quickly ripped and re-eased, very nice method as shown by Ann and Summerset. I think they do theirs in the round, but I chose to sew it in flat construction to "see" the curves and pins better. Then, like knits, will sew the sides in one swoop. I have a small slit marked on the back to make the opening, won't cut until I am ready. So far, this pattern may work very well with some Sophia rayon double knit. I chose a poly blend linen look from Hancock which I have 5 yards of to make version 1. There is plenty left over for a dress, skirt or whatever I may choose, trust me. I couldn't cut into that $10/yd knit that I only have a 1.5 yds until I saw it totally worked up. I paid almost nothing for the linen look stuff, and have plenty to waste. If it fits in a woven, it will fit in a stable knit. Good philosophy, right?

I may get more done or may not, we have a 2 year old birthday girl tomorrow, Hayley turns 2 & have a house to clean and ice cream cake to make.

Comments

HAPPY Birthday Hayley - today is my son's birthday - he is 19!

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns