Good Riddance 2009

Now I think this has been one of the hardest years of our lives, not sure why. I spent alot of the year fighting acid reflux, brought on by nerves, I guess, since it was a very rough financial year for us. 2009 saw a lot of people we knew pass on, too, family and friends, and some were very quick from diagnosis to death. That also contributed to my outlook. Despite it all, I have 4 very smart kids, who are too ingenious for their own well-beings, and that also contributes to my frustration. But I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Now that past, our 2010 horoscopes, which I half believe, some is coincidence, are good on outlooks, so maybe we'll see some reward for our efforts made in 2009. Let's hope & pray...

On the sewing front, I had goals set a year ago:
1. Work on better fitting of clothes for me. - I have learned some fitting skills from books and magazines, made a discovery that princess cut bodices can be my friend, and I look better in semi-fitted items that are out of a stable knit.
2. Make about 1/2 of the clothes for the girls. - Well, I tried, but it was hard to get a lot finished. I did make some Jalie tops for my oldest and some other items for the baby, so it's progress.
3. Make a 40's vintage dress and finish the brown one. - There again, I tried, but never got there. The brown 40's dress needs some redoing, so we'll see...
4. Try a 50's or 60's dress (step outside the box). - There again, I tried, but ran up against what doesn't flatter me (50's), but with my December discovery of princess seams, I have some 60's dresses that could be tried in 2010.
5. A real challenge, a 30's pattern. - Never got there, but do think that is a real possibility.
6. Learn how to serge better and master more functions on my Bernina. - Marginal improvement
7. Bound buttonholes/a lightweight jacket or short coat using them. - Made the HP jacket, but no boundbuttonholes.
8. Finish some ufo's and use them or give them away as presents (kids clothes) - Did finish a few but not enough to make an impact.
9. Become more organized in the home and in sewing. - Not really

Finished garments are listed on the sidebar. I have not totalled them yet.
Edited for totals: Mine: 1 dress, 9 tops, 2 skirts, 1 jacket
Kids: 1 dress, 8 tops, 9 pants/bottoms, 2 costumes
Shop/craft sale: 19 items
total 52 items sewn = 1/week on average

For 2010:
1. Basic LBD
2. Another S2473 or other princess bodiced dress
3. Make a few basic skirts
4. Try a jacket
5. Incorporate boundbuttonhole or other techniques
6. Enter a PR contest this year

These are attainable, I hope. Let's hope 2010 is a better year for us all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns