Simplicity 2473

I recently bought this at Hancocks on the 1.99 or whatever it was sale. I wasn't sure but have seen blogs mentioning it. Had a few minutes today to muslin the bodice. The princess seams were spot on the right spots, A standard 18 fit the bodice with the exception of a hollow area on the upper bust. I have a double knit picked out, double knit not being listed on the pattern, but it only has 20% stretch across the grain, I think it will add some ease for breathing, moving, etc. and not be too flexible.
http://www.fabric.com/apparel-fashion-fabric-knit-fabric-double-knit-fabric-sophia-double-knit-stretch-fabric-sophia-stretch-double-knit-wine.aspx
Now that high neckline has to go, I will probably scoop it out a bit or add a soft v-neck. Having a tummy to also worry about, debating on the flared or slim skirt. What do ya'll think? Also, should double knit be acceptable?

Comments

KID, MD said…
I love the lines of that dress! I think it will be lovely and soft in a firm knit, and very figure flattering. The two skirts look very similar, and I think they'd both be nice on the tummy, since the dress has that nice waistband. I can't wait to see!

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns