Vogue 9777



Well, the dress was a bust, it stopped raw edge right above my knees. I do not do short dresses anymore and the flare of it reminded me of a maternity dress I had and used often. Now I cut a 16 on top and after the dart went to an 18. I may need to learn how to do an FBA for a small adjustment. The 18 portion probably did not help the overall look. I also did a swayback adjustment, I couldn't tell. The sleeves went on easily, reminded me of the sleeves on my daughter's pattern from Simplicity. After deliberations, decided to cut it off to a long-ish top. I need to let Mike see it, I may need to curve the side seams in a bit. I also decided to turn under the neckline and double stitch (still haven't got a twin needle). Child #3 walked in and I swerved a bit. I am not ripping it out of the knit. I just left it, it is not really noticeable. Overall happy with the look, maybe more so after I adjust the sides so it is not so mama-looking. I may post a review, I am thinking about it...

Comments

KID, MD said…
It has a nice shape and looks comfy. I hope you can get it to work. That fabric looks nice! I also like your new look for the blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns