About Me

My photo
I am a Homemaker and Freight Broker (with my husband) who has a love of needle crafts, sewing, crochet, cross-stitch. I learned to sew in 2007, really love using vintage patterns (1940's, 50's, 60's) & and seeing how I can modernize them with fabric choices and trims). I need 25 hours in a day to get to everything I want to do!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My newest Vogue acquisition


The other day the Vogues were on sale for $5.75, I think, and I flipped through, trying to find what I have been desiring, something with a waist, cap sleeves, smaller skirt. I think this might do the trick, so I bought it, and received it in two days. I am going to try to work a muslin of this one this weekend, to see if it works. The suggested fabrics are satin, linen, wool crepe, yeah, right, in 100 degree weather. I think my muslin will be a light cotton and broadcloth lining. Now what do I have that will work? I need to give it some thought. I am in search of a dress that is current to be a TNT, something that doesn't fade with time. Vintage is great, but I want something that can be now, too. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

gwensews said...

Surel--good luck. I like this pattern, and actually bought it fot the jacket.

BConky said...

Like the shape of the jacket and the dress is cute. Look forward to seeing the finished garment.