What's going on now


New to be added to one of the shops, child size 3-4 apron/smock. It is made of beautiful butterfly print on a black background and has yellow bias trim, blue rick rack on the pocket divisions, it is divided into 3 sections. The back will close with snaps. Great for a birthday present for a little girl.

On my dresses, I have an idea, to use S3945 wrap dress, eliminate the extensions/wrap, and make it into a basic TNT dress. It fits my bill, cap sleeved, cotton-friendly, already know it fits closely, easy to make, but I do not need a bunch of wraps, so why not eliminate the wrap and make it a traditional dress. After reading Summerset's post about converting zipper closures from button plackets and back, I think with a V neck, a side zip, this could work. After all the different vintage patterns I have cut out and pulled out, what I wanted was right in front of me the whole time!. I have a turquoise rayon poly woven from Walmart I will use to muslin it. I think there is enough to give it a test run. If it works, I can use it. I have some fabric I bought this week I may want to do a second version in, but need another yard. Before I spend the money, I want to be sure it is doable.

Comments

*Sally* said…
this is sweet! and practical too... as a mother of 4 little girls it really appeals!

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns