About Me

My photo
I am a Homemaker and Freight Broker (with my husband) who has a love of needle crafts, sewing, crochet, cross-stitch. I learned to sew in 2007, really love using vintage patterns (1940's, 50's, 60's) & and seeing how I can modernize them with fabric choices and trims). I need 25 hours in a day to get to everything I want to do!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Done with the plisse dress

Well, just needs a hook/eye at the back neckline. Ready for DD to wear tonight to services. The first communion class is presenting the stations of the cross tonight. I will post a picture later of her wearing it. This was S4253, no particular view, left off the pockets as they were too time-consuming. Since I did not have enough of the daisy fabric and had bias bound the armholes and neckline with a coordinating gingham plisse, I also added a band of the gingham to complete the length of the skirt, I should have made it about 1-2" longer, but this will be ok for this year. To ease the transition of the two fabrics at the bottom, I added medium white rickrack and also put a strip at the bottom hem so I could take the smallest hem possible.

Now, back to my dress and cut out her Easter dress. Nothing like waiting until the last minute...

1 comment:

Lory said...

Awww, that sounds like a beautiful dress! I hope you keep all these dresses of your girls for them to look at later on when their grown. They're going to become family heirlooms to them, they're very pretty. :)

Hugs,
Lory