Done with the plisse dress

Well, just needs a hook/eye at the back neckline. Ready for DD to wear tonight to services. The first communion class is presenting the stations of the cross tonight. I will post a picture later of her wearing it. This was S4253, no particular view, left off the pockets as they were too time-consuming. Since I did not have enough of the daisy fabric and had bias bound the armholes and neckline with a coordinating gingham plisse, I also added a band of the gingham to complete the length of the skirt, I should have made it about 1-2" longer, but this will be ok for this year. To ease the transition of the two fabrics at the bottom, I added medium white rickrack and also put a strip at the bottom hem so I could take the smallest hem possible.

Now, back to my dress and cut out her Easter dress. Nothing like waiting until the last minute...

Comments

Lory said…
Awww, that sounds like a beautiful dress! I hope you keep all these dresses of your girls for them to look at later on when their grown. They're going to become family heirlooms to them, they're very pretty. :)

Hugs,
Lory

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns