One of my favorite shows, Deadliest Catch, premiered its new season last night, wow!
I just love those guys!
On the sewing front, not much, working on some quilt blocks, another criss cross top for the oldest out of some remnant knit in purple and a top for me from the same, using a 1980-ish top pattern. Now, the top used dropped shoulders, pads, very 80's, but it has an option with extended shoulders with no attached sleeve, making it a cap sleeve effect. It is designed for a woven or stable knit, but I used that purple interlock, so it is drapey, which is good. I adjusted the pattern for my tummy, swayback and widened it some at those areas. I basted it together on the machine as I will serge it for the final. I think I found a good TNT! It works well. I had made a woven version once about a year ago and wasn't too sure, but tried it on again this weekend and it looked better, but I could see my faults at early garment sewing. It inspired me to try it in a knit. I want a go-to top pattern that is simple lines, short or practically no sleeves, but not sleeveless, that can be made in an evening or a couple of hours. I think this is it! Even though the 80's are not really hot vintage right now, don't discount everything! There are some things that can be reworked. I have bought countless patterns to find a thrift store one that works. I may put together a few more this week or next week.
The robin's egg blue dress I put together months ago, I am ready to work on it again soon. I found another yard of the fabric and am going to make the skirt fuller, eliminate the tie and to add interest to the "V" neck, add a modesty triangle out of contrasting fabric, and shorten the sleeves. I also have 3 or 4 other viable dresses to finish. I also have another two or three on the brain.
So many things to sew, sew little time...