Post script on B5216

Thanks Trena on your comment about the fabric on my blouse. I love the fabric, too, so much I have been crawling the web for rayon jersey. There is not much out there, Lucy's Fabric is one source, so is Fabric.com, but all solids for now. Gorgeous Fabrics has some, too. I am cash-short right now with regards to fabric shopping, so it will be a bit before I can splurge on some from Ann's or other source. First up is buying the fabric for my daughter's first communion, which will be expensive for my experience and have something picked out already from Ann's. One thing I noticed is that since I used wider elstic and this fabric is weightier than the slinky was, I felt that band when I wore it. Next version, I may add a bit of length to the upper bodice under the bust or go back to thin elastic. I am planning on redoing it one more time in a solid, maybe not hemming the sleeved, just rolled serged or lettuce hemming on the sleeves and the bottom to make it fluttery. I also love the Thread magazine article on people battling a tummy section. That is so me. I am slender enough everywhere else, the tummy makes fitting and buying RTW a readl challenge. I look 3 months pregnant and the tunics with no fit are like grocery sacks on me. That is why empire fits better. I go for comfort, fit and looks and do the best I can with them and my shape. Have fun with your sewing today. I had to make a trip into Walmart for needles as I broke the last one I had for everyday sewing. We have an open house to go to in 30 minutes, so no sewing today, maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns