I think I resolved it on my own...

DH said to step away & let my brain resolve it on its own, which I think I did. Instead I folded the innermost fold first (this will be the outer fold), then refolded on the next fold line to enclose the raw edge, pressed and stitched. This may not be right per the photo and instructions, but I could not resolve it any other way since it is an extended facing and has no separate placket. Otherwise, you were fighting with raw edges at center front and on the top edge. Hopefully it doesn't look too homemade that way. So, I have the bodice assembled, collar and bias tape attached and one center front stitched down, with the other side to go, topstitch the collar at the neckline and add sleeves. Believe it or not, I think the fit out of the envelope was not too far off. I reduced the side and lower front darts since I am not as large in the bust and needed more at the waist. I did adjust from a 16 to an 18 between the side darts and waist. I also used 1/2" seam there rather than 5/8". I will also have to use a larger skirt at the waist, the 18, so it matches. There are no PR's on this one yet, so I may be the first. I have about 3 different patterns of dresses cut out right now in various stages and have not been motivated to work on them. This one is beige oxford cloth on top and will take a hint from last month's BWOF of a different color top and skirt to look like a 2-piece. Should I use a print for the skirt or a khaki twill for a more safari-look?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns