Monday, as usual, somewhat

Well, today I took the youngest son to preschool, the oldest two did not have school until tomorrow so they went to Papa & Mimi's since the baby had to go to the doctor. She has RSV, bronchiolitis, but should improve with the nebulizer, etc. We had to go to Walmart, where I found a few pieces, one poly charmeuse that is crinkle in a random fashion in plum and a rayon/poly blend linen-like fabric in turquoise. I also bought some broadcloth to line a lavender dress for spring. Matching threads, too. The only sewing I did today was to mend the bottom sheet to the youngest son's bed. This weekend he took a PIECE OF GLASS taken out of a picture frame to it. The joys of children... Luckily he sliced it cleanly on the bias so I was able to hand mend it together then zigzag over it with the machine. Maybe tonight I will make a muslin of a BWOF assymetrical top from 6/2007 #112 I think. I am jumping into the BWOF to see how I fit into them. I have a few back issues and considering I paid more than the subscription rate, I should try using a few. If the muslin works, I will use the plum charmeuse for it, I think. It resembles the crinkly fabric they used, even though I think it may have been batiste or voile in the model. If not, I have some cute dotted swiss voile-like fabric in a tan with a small nostalgic floral pattern.
Dinner time! Spaghetti tonight with homemade (frozen previously, for nights like these) sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns