About Me

My photo
I am a Homemaker and Freight Broker (with my husband) who has a love of needle crafts, sewing, crochet, cross-stitch. I learned to sew in 2007, really love using vintage patterns (1940's, 50's, 60's) & and seeing how I can modernize them with fabric choices and trims). I need 25 hours in a day to get to everything I want to do!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Starting Free Friday pattern again

Edited: Two winners, specify your pattern, each gets one, since the sizes are so different.

It has been some time since I have posted free pattern giveaway, but for the Christmas spirit and to destash some I will never use:


The Vogue Basic Design is #2506 from ?, price was $2.50 US, so mid 70's? Size is 10, B32.5, H34.5, too small for me, great for crepes, jersey, ltwt wools and knits.
The Butterick is #6136 from ?, price was $1.00 US. Size 18, B40, one dress, collar variations, for linens, wools, double knits.

Just post about your holiday sewing and what you want to get done.

8 comments:

marta said...

Love the Vogue pattern and it's my size!
This Christmas I plan to make pj pants for my girl friends, a tote bag from my grandmother, a wee bunny for my daughter, an eye glass case for my mother and whatever else time allows!

Becky said...

I need to make pinafores to go over my niece's Christmas dresses, a Christmas dress for my sister, and a Christmas dress for myself. That Vogue pattern is awesome!

elletheduck said...

Oh!! I love the butterick!

I already made a pincushion, a Victorian stocking, and just doing some small stuff from tutorials around the web for my mom, a Hawaiian shirt for the boy and just clothes for me. Nothing too fancy over my way,

librarylass said...

I need to fix my machine so I can finish a lovely pair of classy black pants. And then maybe make a bag or two. mmmm bags!

Flowerdew Onehundred said...

I made a festive skirt already. I need to figure out if this vintage blouse I have fits, and I need something to wear under it since it's lace! If it fits, I need to replace the buttons too. This doesn't even count the non-holiday sewing!

skirt here

joelle said...

Hi.. I would love the Butterick pattern.. it looks super cute and is in my size! I am a beginner... but with the help of my mom over Thanksgiving holiday, I was able to complete an apron, a vintage dress, and some pajama bottoms. I look forward to putting the sewing machine I was gifted to good use and creating lots of lovely vintage dresses.

Lisa said...

Love the Butterick!
Most of my Holiday sewing is done, just a quilt to finish and a matching pillowcase and then a table runner. I'm sure I'll find other things to make though!

Sewfast said...

Sign me up for the Butterick. I just have some towels to embroider and then I am officially done with Christmas sewing. Now to make some clothes for me! Mary mdeeter@hotmail.com