I managed to get little girl down and have sick kid halfway satisfied, so I drug the sewing machine and serger to DR table.
1. I think the serged seams on the pj pants were too loose on the tension (hey, it was my 1st try), so I machine stitched over the innermost line for stability. They need pressing and attaching the two pieces together (tomorrow).
2. Pieced together the bodice from the McCall pattern for oldest's dress. It is too much work, but need to try it on her for a fitting. I may amend the final pattern to eliminated the square yoke and integrate it into a whole bodice, because I like the sqaure neckline, but piecing the yoke, bodice & incorporating the sleeves is a PITA.
3. Serged and sewed shoulder seams and one arm ruffle onto the knit nightshirt for her as a trial serger piece.
What I did to make all this happen in about 1 hr time, was to have the bodice pieces cut out 1st and ready to go, had the nighshirt cut & ready, and the pj pants ready, 3 different stacks laid out on the table and worked my way across. Did not really finish them, but made progress. Now onto to dinner, dirty dishes, baths, bedtimes...