The aftermath of Thanksgiving

After having Thanksgiving at my mom's and then going to Houston (4 hrs each way) in one day with 4 kids, I was beat. I spent the rest of the weekend catching up and still am catching up. Plus the AC/heat on my car went out, some blower motor part, so we took it to the shop today. I broke out the new Janome serger today, so cool. However, it took Mike & I an hour to thread it. Once we had it, it was so quick to assemble a pair of pajama pants for my oldest. I still need to learn settings to do the different functions. A great investment for $110.00 on ebay.

I also have some packages coming from ebay, a bunch of vintage patterns, some fabric. Uh, enough said. But, they will be so cool to add to the collection of things I hope to make and love to admire. I am trying to only buy in my approximate size, usually a half-size, 37 or 39 bust. One is cool, a wrap sheath from the 60's where it had 3 armholes. I want it for a dressing wrap, so the kids stop seeing me half-dressed while drying my hair. The first one will be out of some 50 cent/yd french terry cloth from Fabric Mart. I knew it could have a great use for that price!

Everyone is making such cool things, I have been working on B's quilt top, so I have not been idle, just my eyes are bothering me after too long at the sewing machine. Also have a cool crocheted scarf going on, pink and green camo, done right, it looks like a trellis with pink flowers are tan vines, using the right gauge and hook.

All have a productive remainder of the week. I hope I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns