Had to take the oldest to the doctor today, which ended up being strep throat. We made it to Hancocks for a piece of black velveteen so mom can lengthen a jumper for her from last winter, just an extra church dress. Real cute from Bealls, with scotty dogs on red and black. We also bought royal blue crepe and lining for the butterick featured above. I may use this for Christmas, the cap sleeve version, rather than the Advance I had bought, for time sake. I have a couple of ideas to dress up the midriff. Maybe...
Also found more baby cord on clearance, dotted swiss in blue and white and several usable remnants for tops. Plus Maxi-lock serger thread! So plan on finishing Thanksgiving dresses tomorrow or Wednesday. Also have a cake to make/decorate for hire for a 50th anniversary. Will be an interesting week!

Comments

Lory said…
Oh, please post a photo of the cake! I'd love to see it. :):):):):)

Hugs,
Lory
Melynda said…
The crepe is a good choice for this pattern. In hindsight I wish my dress fabric would have had a softer hand. Be sure to post on sew retro when you get finished, I will enjoy seeing it.
Happy sewing.
Melynda

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns