Butterick 6286


With this pattern and the mod-ish flower power baby cord from Hancocks, plus some trim that is braid and green velvet ribbon, I am working on the jumper. The pattern went together easily until I am working on the facings. It has you use SF bias tape and turn all under for a facing. This I have seen alot on vintage patterns, but on this neckline, it looks awful. Even with pressing, it resists and pulls, puckering the cord on the right side. I will now have to rip it out and either line or make regular-type facings. I may just line the bodice as that seems simpler, the facings may be off if I draft them myself. The lining will be broadcloth as I have no more fabric. The baby's jumper is already cut out using the previous NL pattern in a larger size. Hers, too, will have to have broadcloth to line the bodice. Also, since the stripe colors (and some of the stripes!) did not exactly match up, I am adding the braid to the waist seam area to fool the eye. This pattern was bad on directions on the facings, I guess to save time, but it is not saving ME time. I even looked on PR, but the pattern is from 2001 and OOP, I guess no one bothered to make it in and review it. It is a cool fabric!

My early Christmas and birthday gift arrived today: a Janome serger. It is refurb, but was practically new and had original packaging and was serviced before sale. I haven't even opened it yet, tomorrow.

Went to Hobby Lobby, spent a lot on yarn, cake decorating supplies for an anniversary cake for a couple at church and fabric, patterns, etc. I went without Mike, what can I say? Just me and the baby... Also went to Famous Footwear and bought my winter dress shoes, black and brown. Should work for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns