Baby's Jumper done

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we have the baby's jumper done, still working on the 7 year old's jumper.
This is the baby's, based on the NL pattern used for the bandanna jumper, enlarged to a medium and graded to a large on the side bodice seams, made from cotton baby cord from Hancock's with simple poly/cotton broadcloth lining, substituted hand snaps in the back, closed the skirt seam in the back and added a braid and velvet ribbon trim by hand.

In fact, I do alot by hand for better control now. It's not perfect, being I procrastinated and had to rush, but it's ok.
Now for the oldest's jumper, using OOP B6286, same fabric, lining and trim. As discussed before, I had to "back into" a lining, for lack of a better word, since the bias facings did not work. I machine inserted the lining at the neck, pressed, clipped,

then clipped, turned and pressed the armhole facings and still am slipstitching them closed.
I do not topstitching as I think it will be too much. I am slipstitching the bottom of the bodice lining closed and am pinning and easing the hem to hem by hand.
I also have to hand apply the same trim.
At least, I do not have to cook for Thanksgiving as my mother is doing it this year. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns