Not much going on, but...

Western Days is this weekend, so I will be helping out with the Knights of Columbus booth tomorrow (have a sitter) and keeping the kids the rest of the weekend while Mike is working at the booth. I went to Hobby Lobby and found a wonderful dress fabric today and used a 40% coupon. I want it for Christmas so I might have to start now. I finished the bandanna dress, will post a pic on Saturday when the baby wears it. I was going to make vests for the kids for the parade, but could never get to it, so they will wear tshirts, bandannas and cowboys hats. The weather was cooler today after yesterday's cold front. Creatures were stirring, our handyman told us some lady outside town found a copperhead (poisonous Texas snake) snake in her house. We had a tarantula in the house yesterday. That has never happened, only outside. I think one of the kids left the back door cracked open and when it was raining, it slipped in. It was about the size of a small orange. Sorry, animal lovers, we killed it and were paranoid the rest of the night. In fact, we saw one a year ago outside (in the fall) and hadn't seen any for a couple of years before that. Since it had been so long since it rained, I guess it was flooded out of a hole and wandered on the back patio, found the door slightly open and slipped in. Trust me, we would have seen it earlier if it had been here longer. You can't miss them, those crawly black/brown things. They have a very distinct crawl and keep moving. Yuck! As Mike would say, it's country livin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns