Simplicity dress continued


The skirt is now attached by hand basting only. Everything also needs a good pressing. That is all we had time for today as we went to my parents' house for a visit. Now that we are home, it's bath time for kids and I am not in the mood to sew. I also attached the binding to the seam hem, but they need to be gathered and attached. A zipper is also needed, it will be my first. Everything I have completed to date has not used a zipper or I substituted snaps or buttons. The skirt was made to be skinnier, but I added some to the pattern to give it more fullness. I made it a bit too big and had to ease and gather more than the pattern called for. The darts in back were off, so I centered them between the bodice back darts, so it has the two skirt darts on each side with the back bodice dart in between them. I am not going to worry about it since the pattern is even and fairly well matched up, besides there will be a belt. I may finish the construction tomorrow, leaving the seam finishes and hem for during the week. BTW, when Mike came in last night, he said it was pretty and the best one he had seen me do yet for construction, but that was after he said "where's the brownie meeting?" and that it had a prairie feel to it, so was I planning on wearing it with my new ropers (cowboy boots). Go figure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns