School Clothes, continued

I am 'fessin' up to buying some school clothes for the kiddos, but Wal Mart had items on clearance for $1. Come on, you can't make boy's shorts for that! Also some fresh T-shirts (my disabled 4 yr old goes through shirts since his coordination to feed himself isn't wonderful and some things do not come out well). Same with the baby, onesies. Besides, Texas has the tax-free weekend for school clothes, so we couldn't pass it up. I still made my oldest daughter a couple of shirts and about 4 pairs of shorts/capris for school, mostly from remnants and one from my old jeans, so all is not lost. When I finish the recycled jeans capris, I will photograph.

Comments

Trish Goodfield said…
Hey,
Don't feel bad about buying new for the kids. I'm amazed that you have the time to do what you do. I hope this doesn't sound patronising or politically correct but I really understand the dilema about balanacing who you are , with children in general and with a child with a disablity. Please don't feel the need to post this coment if you have moderation.
Myra said…
Thanks for that, I have used WR more for regulating unnecessary buying. But sometimes you find things you couldn't possibly make that cheap. Andrew is not really hard since he isn't going to get worse and he can feed himself and entertain himself. Plus he is really smart, already doing some math, knows phonics, letters, some spelling, etc and he is 4. But CP kids are like that. Now the baby is another story. She can take up some time...

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns