New publications, working on contest items

I was having lunch and reading the new B/McC Sewing Today and the new Sew Stylish - whatever happened to the "Demise of the Dress"? That's about 1/2 to 3/4 of what is featured in new patterns. Still using empire waists (great for those with a tummy) with more details. More options instead of the "sacks"/tunics that look like a hefty bag. I love the Sew Stylish self-draft pattern for a simple knit dress, which appears it could be a hefty bag, but adds a tie around sash, cinching it in. I am looking to make that asap, but I am working on the S wrap top, which is humming along nicely. Black cotton knit is easy to work with and the directions are pretty easy, except for after sewing the shoulder seams, I am putting in the sleeves as flat construction. You can find this in one of last year's Threads by Marcy Tilton, I think. Shoulder seam, sleeves flat, then sides, because sewing in sleeves flat with sleeve towards feed dogs helps ease it in rather than gathering. Works for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns