Mini-Wardrobe Sewing today

I got as far as sewing the skirt together up to adding the zipper (don't have one in stash in black), it's a little large, so I may use wide bias tape for the waist stay and add some elastic to cinch it a bit a la Threads magazine article. I am not sure about the print as it is wild with those pearl waves going across. I may make another printed skirt using the print on the crosswise grain with the waves going down or even bias cut. We will see... I may even use something else. I guess this is how these storyboards go sometimes...

I cut out the S wrap blouse, view B in black cotton knit. I think it should fit fine being knit, so I did not worry about a muslin. Most of the S patterns I have worked on seem to fit reasonably well in knit in a 16. I should be able to work on basting it tonight. I need to settle on the skirt if I am changing the print to another printed fabric so I can use the print on the wrap blouse to bind the neck area and make an outfit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns