trial and error, new pattern score







I have worked on a few wearable muslins for butterick patterns #5216 (A) & 5217 (D). How do they look so good on the envelope and like balloons on me? I don't get it. Maternity clothes look better on me. The 5216 was awful (A). I am trying (C) next as it has a defined waist. I can salvage the material used for (A) and have enough scrap leftover to try that version. I am stumped on 5217 since there is only one version of the lower bodice on that pattern.






On a better note, I went to a local antique shop to look for auction items for church festival. She had 11 vintage patterns, some are pictured here. Many were in B36 and B38, absolutely wonderful. Look at the man's pattern, looks like Clark Gable was the inspiration. Get aload of the loafers with boxers and cigarette. 1945 is copyright date. A few are too small and they may end up on ebay.

Comments

Jealous of your pattern finds! I love those two on the bottom. The nonchalant men in boxers are hilarious!

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns