Joining Wardrobe Refashioning


I guess I need to post this on my blog with the cute little button:

The Pledge
I,Myra, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed Myra.


Let's see how well we do...


Worked on a 2nd romper for the baby, was almost done with the snap tape (decided to try it the way the instructions asked for since I bought some Monday in Victoria) and ran out of thread in the bobbin and had no more white prewound. I would have wound some, but the baby was asleep next to me and would have woken up, so that was all for today. Tonight, after kids' bedtimes, I also will work on hand-quilting appliques using a panel from Michael Miller of 4 stained glass church windows. I am still planning how to use them in the upcoming lap quilt top to be donated to the church quilters, but am envisioning laying the 4 out like NSEW compass points (or a cross) and fashioning random 2" squares (using strip piecing of mottles and marbles) to resemble stained glass blocks in the NW, NE, SW, SE areas. I am appliqueing the panels to natural muslin, so we will see how this turns out.


I also received in the mail some fun items, including the one above, which is an 18, B36, close enough to my measurements. And uses about 3 yds of fabric, narrow fabric...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns