Finishing up red dress, etc.

Now that life is returning to normal (what's that?) I have been working on daughter's red dress, which I substituted the bias facing for bias binding made from one of the prints. I always put this on by hand, so it takes awhile. I got some compliments on the black cherry dress at the funeral, so I have made some fabric stash orders (oops!) and bought Moda's bluebonnets on yellow (hey, it's Texas' state flower) and plan to do another of that pattern with a royal blue collar and sash. I also have some Aunt Grace large scale grandmothers flower garden "cheater" cloth, I may do a 40's dress in that. I bought some DuBarry's on Ebay and have a McCall as well, so whichever I can fit on the yardage as it is only 2 yards and planned on doing the bodice yokes, ties, etc in a contrast solid (red or bright blue) to have enough and facings out of the Aunt Grace pieced if needed. I need to iron the cherry dress; once I do, I will take a photo. I also need to fix my new dressform, a uniquely you, so I can use it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns