Not a sewing day, but a shopping day!

Had to take the baby to the doctor for her checkup, so we hit Hancock's and Super Walmart and boy did we find some neat stuff... At Hancock's an animal print, a paisley, a retro (60's) dot in a swirl pattern, plisse for kids, and some notions. At Walmart, a butterfly camoflauge and an Indian-made batik-like cotton. I am thinking of making the camo into a skirt with eyelet at the hem for the contrast and shorts for my 6 yr old to match; we can wear white shirts. The print is too large for the baby. I have patterns in mind for the paisley, animal print and retro dot. The plisse for gathered ruffle-tiered (twirly) skirts. The baby was asleep for most of it, so I could concentrate and picture what I would do with each one. A perfect time! Now I need to get to work, if she will only keep to her naps...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns